This 40 Kilometers long segment begins at Masada National Park and ends at Neve Zohar, on the southern part of the Dead Sea shore.
This is one of the most Challenging and breathtaking rides on the Israel Bike Trail.
It starts at the foothill of the Monumental site of Masada, runs along the edge of the sheer cliffs above the Dead sea crossing numerous wadis and deep canyons. This is not an easy ride but it surly providing overwhelming overlooks.
It is a long day ride in the hursh desert. Only few shade spots can use for nice breaks. One of the spots is located on Wadi Rahaf. Another beautiful shade spot is at Wadi Ye’elim, which also provides spectacular viewpoint over the Dead Sea.
Viewpoint that cannot be missed is at the wadi Bokek crossing.
A short ride from wadi Bokek will get you to the steep 'Zeron' descent which will end at the 'Zohar' stronghold.
Please notice the following:
- No water sources along the trail. 4 litters are the minimum you should carry.
- Scarce shade spots along the trail.
- Avoid riding in hot days! Hot days are are frequent between May to late september. If you are planning to ride in that period of time, It is advised to start very early in the mornning.
- Do not approach the edge of cliffs
- Please Stay on the trail!